Training MHFA - Mental Health First Aid
Mental health is everyone’s business. We are all affected.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is presented in a training program that teaches how to assist someone going through a difficult mental health period. This training is based on the model of physical first aid but adapts to the specificities of mental health disorders.
The objectives of MHFA are as follows:
- Learn to recognize signs of a mental health disorder.
- Adopt appropriate behavior when dealing with a person in distress or experiencing psychological suffering.
- Provide information on available resources.
- Encourage seeking help from appropriate professionals.
MHFA is suitable for anyone who wants to be able to assist another person experiencing psychological distress. This can be a family member, friend, colleague, teacher, healthcare professional, and more.
The MHFA training takes place over two days and is delivered by qualified trainers accredited by the MHFA France association.
The topics covered during the training include:
- Basics of mental health.
- Different mental health disorders.
- Signs of a mental health crisis.
- How to respond to a person in psychological distress.
MHFA is a training accessible to everyone and contributes to destigmatizing mental health disorders while improving the quality of life for those affected.